2014 is coming to an end, which plans have you finished and which targets have you reached so far? Let speed up this time with a lot of different opportunities for students and young professionals who love to take the lead and make changes that we will share below.
Don’t forget that for people who want to start from insight, grow your own seeds and contribute to your community, I COMMIT and Knowmads Hanoi will start looking for members very soon. And what else to share – CSDS recently started our partnership with Irish Aid and Action Aid Vietnam to bring in many new programs to build capacity for youth.
Let’s keep in touch to see what we have to offer, and don’t forget to share with us your ideas and passion. The best way is, certainly, to subscribe to our mailing list to get updated news in your inbox.
1. The World Youth Alliance Internship Program
- Location: New York, USA
- Duration: 3 months, you can choose among 3 batches to apply:
- 15 Jan – 17 April 2015 (Deadline: 24th Oct 2014)
- 27 May – 14 Aug 2015 (Deadline: 13th Mar 2015)
- 26 Sep – 11 Dec 2015 (Deadline: 03rd Jul 2015)
- Participants: students, recent graduates, young professionals who are WYA members between 18-30 years old, and have completed Track A (Go to their website http://www.wya.net/ to sign up and read about Track A program).
- Cost: not funded. Interns may apply for free housing.
The World Youth Alliance HQ Internship Program is an opportunity for young people who are inspired by the ideas and work of the World Youth Alliance to study more closely the ideas which have formed the organization and to contribute practically to its
international and regional projects. A variety of formal and informal educational programs are offered to members to
develop a deeper understanding of the meaning of human dignity.
2. International Youth Fellowship in Thailand
- Location: Thailand
- Duration: 11th – 24th Feb 2015
- Participants: 18-30 years old candidates who have completed an online self-development program (at the time of submitting applications, applicants don’t need to finish the course yet).
- Cost: accommodation, food and local transportation will be fully funded, partial fund for travel airfares is provided.
- Deadline: 31th Octorber 2014
Every single light in our house lit makes it warm and cozy. When we look at all the lights lit in the world from the outer space, they all connect and built a network of light. Same as our mind; a peaceful mind transforms our home into a little kingdom of peace that affects the world around us and has the power to establish world peace at large-starting from a single mind. The tool, discovered over 2600 years ago, is reactivated and has been proofed and spread by our 340 Peace Agents from 87 countries since 2008.
3. 2015 Global Youth Ag-Summit
- Location: Canberra, Australia
- Duration: 24th – 28th Aug 2015
- Participants: Young people aged 18-25* who are personally, professionally and academically interested in agriculture, food security, environmental and social stewardship
- Cost: fully funded
- Deadline: 30th Jan 2015
By 2050, there will be 9 billion hungry people in the world and less farmland and resources than there’s ever been. The solutions are keenly debated both in rural and urban society. We believe there is a need for young leaders to be engaged in finding sustainable agricultural solutions to the growing global need for safe, nutritious food.
4. Sustainable Development – Vietnam Field School
- Location: different sites in Vietnam
- Duration: 29th Dec 2014 – 17th Jan 2015
- Participants: graduates and professionals from the arts, museum, heritage, environment, creative industries and other relevant conservation sectors
- Cost: partially funded
- Deadline: before 1st Nov 2014 (there are 6 places left for the last round)
The Field School provides first-hand experience to graduate students, researchers and professionals, as capacity building for locating culture in sustainable development in a rapidly globalising world. Arts, culture and heritage places and environmental resources of all kinds are examined in the context of the four pillars of cultural, economic, environmental and social sustainability.
5. AYPVC in Vietnam
- Location: Hue, Vietnam
- Duration: 23 Nov – 7 Dec 2014
- Participants: Asian young professionals (check out the description for information of positions needed)
- Cost: fully funded
- Deadline: 10th Oct 2014
AYPVC is a regional volunteering programme initiated by the Brunei government in conjunction with the ASEAN Chairmanship in 2013. It was endorsed at the Eighth ASEAN Ministerial Meeting on Youth (AMMY) in Bandar Seri Begawan in May the same year.
Hearts For Hue is a local NGO in Hue city, Vietnam, working to improve the quality of life of Hue’s resettled boat people in the areas of health, education, sanitation, environment and hygiene awareness and household economic development, with particular
attention to development of children. Volunteers will be divided into two groups doing work around environmental sustainability.
6. DO School Education for Impact Fellowship program
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
- Duration: 10 weeks on campus and 10 months in home country
- Participants: between 21 and 31 years old, can be university students, graduates or without higher education. Applicants must have demonstrated motivation and previous achievements in planning and initiating innovative social change
- Cost: fully funded
- Deadline: 27th Nov 2014
The Do School is accepting applications from emerging social entrepreneurs from around the globe for Education for Impact Challenge. The Do School is a one-year program that aims to create real impact through our Fellows designed to train, mentor, and empower outstanding emerging social entrepreneurs to kick start their own social ventures in their home countries.