Volunteer position advertisement: Volunteer Photographer wanted!
CSDS is searching for a volunteer photographer!
Job Advertisement: Volunteer Photographer
Centre for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS)
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Term: 3 months minimum commitment
Start date: ASAP
The Centre for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese non-governmental organisation, focusing on youth and community development as well as international volunteer exchange. Founded in 2009 and based in Hanoi, Vietnam, CSDS develops and implements programs in different areas of the country to contribute to the sustainable development of Vietnam. CSDS has two main areas of operations: the international volunteer program, and youth development projects that work mainly with local youth.
CSDS has been working to improve internal and external communications over the past year through strengthening our social media presence, building a new website, and an organizational re-brand. To support these activities and the overall growth of CSDS, we are looking for a professional volunteer photographer to take high quality photos of our projects involving international volunteers and youth in Vietnam. These photos will be used in promotional materials, in social media, on the website, and during events.
As CSDS’s volunteer photographer you will be working directly with our communications team. This project is ideal for those wanderlust photographers wanting to improve their photography skills, share their expertise and travel around beautiful Vietnam and surrounding Southeast Asian countries.
You’ll have the amazing experience of visiting all of our projects, commuting around the big city of Hanoi, acting as the official photographer for our social media accounts and web page content. You will get to meet amazing children, youth and adults excited to practice their English skills with all of our international volunteers. You will capture moments that will demonstrate to potential future volunteers, project donors, and the CSDS family how CSDS is having a real impact in communities.
You will be the main gateway to share with online communities the heartwarming and joyful experience of volunteering abroad with CSDS, capturing children, students and volunteers during their learning experience, field trips and special events.
You will be required to deliver a monthly folder of edited pictures to the CSDS staff. These pictures will become CSDS’s property, meaning we do not commit to give credits when using the pictures online. However, we will announce the photographer on our social media channels and website blog upon arrival with links to relevant profile and desired social media channels.
· Take pictures in all of our projects (international volunteer projects and youth development projects) and special events
· Generate edited content for weekly Instagram posts (3 posts per week minimum)
· Generate a picture folder for CSDS at the end of each month with polished, edited photos in an organized manner
· Manage CSDS’s Instagram account: upload posts, make Instagram stories and engage with audience
· Ensure CSDS’s photo data base remains organized
· Minimum 3 months
· Flexible schedule from Monday to Friday
· Free time on weekends for travel
· Ability to request days off for weekend travel
· All meals included – meals taken outside the house during work days are reimbursed
· Public transportation to projects
· Free lodging
· Airport transfer at beginning and end of program
What do you have to pay for?
· Plane ticket
· Personal expenses – travel, nights out in town…
· Anything not listed in the Benefits list
We will be considering applications for this position on a rolling basis until filled, so we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible!
· A short resume of relevant experience
· Introductory letter outlining your motivation for volunteering and any other international experience
· A link to a portfolio or social media channel of past work
· Please include your availability in the letter as well as how many months you would be willing to commit to the position.