1. I am ME is a series of workshops implemented by the Centre for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) and Social Innovation and Incubation Hub (SOCI Hub) with seed funding provided by Irish Aid. They are 3 workshops with 3 topics: SELF-IDENTITY, FAMILY AND CULTURAL PRESSURES, COLLECTIVE LEADERSHIP.
2. The central focus of the training is on young people. This is an opportunity for the youth to:
· Recognize the meaning of identity
· Discover their identity in their own eyes and perspective
· Acknowledge their roots and history to pave their way to self-advocacy
· Be independent of the pressures and expectations forced upon them by the society
· Learn the struggles and achievements their peers have experienced
· Be able to share pieces of their life
· Understand the importance of community involvement and service
· Exercise their ability to speak in public
We are calling for 20 young and dynamic applicants to attend the “I am Me” in the 15, 18 and 19 August.
II. TRAINING OVERVIEW
1. Time-bound: 15, 18 and 19 Aug 2016 (8:00 am – 11:00 am and 14:00 pm – 17:00 pm)
2. Location: SOCI Hub, 16 A Van Minh Alley, Mai Dich, Cau Giay, Ha Noi
3. Cost: The training will cover tea-breaks, training materials
4. Participants will deposit 100.000 VND and will be refunded after the training finishes.
5. Facilitator: Karen Vallejos
III. DETAIL INFORMATION
1. SELF-IDENTITY – Morning on the 15th of August: Discuss with the participants the meaning of identity and how their identity shape their everyday lives. The goal is for the participants to discover who they truly are in their own perceptions and not from the perspectives of others
2. Family and Cultural Pressures – Afternoon on the 18th of August: Remind the participants the expectations behind their roles as individuals and to use this recognition to spark independence amongst themselves from the pressure they carry every day. Families and communities are there to support and guide an individual, but it is the individual duty to take responsibilities in themselves. This topic will encourage self-advocacy through the participants’ s history.
3.Collective Leadership – Afternoon on the 19th of August: The goal of this workshop is to empower the youth to become leaders themselves by inspiring them real life stories and educating them with the different skills set and leadership styles.
IV. WHO CAN JOIN: The training is designed for 20 young people (18 – 25 years old) who are living in Vietnam and:
1. Can communicate fluently in English
2. Commit to fully attend training and follow the tasks given by facilitation team to spread the lessons you will have learned and use them to improve your team in real life.
3. Are open-minded, creative and active
4. Result announcement: 14 Aug 2016
Fill in the following application form link by 12:00 am on the 14th of August 2016: http://bit.ly/TrainingIamME
1. Email: email@example.com
· Tel: 04-62601094
· Mobile: 0169 8525 395 (Mr. Long)
VII. ABOUT ORGANIZERS
The Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese non-profit organization legally registered in 2009. CSDS is addressing development issues in Vietnam with particular focuses on climate change for environment protection, women empowerment through sustainable livelihood support, children support through social inclusion, youth development through international exchange, non-formal education and youth social initiatives support. For more information, please visit: www.csds.vn.
Facilitator: Karren Vallejos is currently a 4th year college student studying Sociology and minoring in Business and Political Science at the College of Mount Saint Vincent, New York, United States.