A Sound Mind in a Sound Body is a 2 year project starting on October 1, 2015 and will end on September 30, 2017, under the Youth of Erasmus+ Program of the European Commission in cooperation with partners from Belgium, France, Italy, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines. The selected organization in Vietnam is Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS).
The project proposes an innovative approach that gives a voice to young people in an intercontinental context, enabling them to take ownership of the initiative towards the prevention of STIs (sexually transmitted infections). The project will involve teaching safe sex behaviors with different tools devised by young people themselves, allowing them to reach out to their peers, and responsible civic and voluntarily groups. The uniqueness of the project comes from its breadth as it tackles peer education on health issues on an intercultural scale.
For more information: http://be-wireless.eu/
- Duration: 15 Days (13-27 April 2016)
- Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Participants: 18 participants (18-30 years old) from 6 countries: Belgium, France, Italy, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines
- Work language: English
- Must be 18 to 30 years old
- Young people who are actively involved in the prevention of HIV-AIDS/STI issues
- Must have good command of English
- Willingness to participate in the discussions and activities
- Must be physically fit to travel
- Must be willing to be an active CSDS volunteer after the program to continue to promote the learning about HIV-AIDS/STI prevention and other youth participation related initiatives
Interested individual will need to fill in the application form in this link https://goo.gl/7d1oUx. Deadline for registration is by 11:00A.M, Thursday 10 March, 2016
Participants will be covered for lunches, welcome and farewell dinner, tea breaks and all training materials.
A deposit of 500,000VND/participant will be required. This deposit will be returned to the participants after the seminar as long as the participant is present in at least 13 official training days of the training from 13-27 April, 2016.
- 03 Mar 2016: Sending out Call for Vietnamese participants
- 03 – 10 Mar 2016: Receiving application
- 10 Mar 2016: Contacting shortlisted candidates for interview round
- 11 Mar 2016: Interviewing
- 14 Mar 2016: Announcing result.
The Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese non-profit organization legally registered in 2009. CSDS is addressing development issues in Vietnam with particular focus on children support through social inclusion, youth development through international exchange and non-formal education, and woman empowerment through sustainable livelihood support.
For more information, please visit: http://csds.vn/