Project Coordinator Recruitment
CSDS and FMSI are working together in a partnership to implement the New Horizons project, which is an education support project that aims to improve English language teaching and learning effectiveness, as well as vocational training for youth in rural part of Hanoi. The project is into its 3 year and aims to be a sustainable model in the long run. Please find the project’s brochure english & brochure vietnamese.
Currently, New Horizons is looking for a qualified and highly motivated candidate for the position of Project Coordinator.
The Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese non-profit organization legally registered in 2009. CSDS is addressing development issues in Vietnam with particular focuses on climate change for environment protection, women empowerment through sustainable livelihood support, children support through social inclusion, youth development through international exchange and non-formal education. CSDS implement activities at grassroots level to touch local vulnerable communities.
Foundation for Marist Solidarity International (FMSI) was established with a specific purpose: to make the world a better place for children and young people. FMSI has many years experience working in the field of international solidarity. It was officially established in Italy as a government recognized non-profit organization with a social purpose (ONLUS) in 2007.FMSI has a primary focus on child rights and seeks to promote innovative thinking and practical initiatives for the benefit of children and young people, especially those considered most vulnerable and neglected. Our hope is to provide opportunities for children and young people to receive a meaningful education and to develop their full potential.
- To coordinate the efforts of the team implementing the aims and objectives of the New Horizons Project and to provide practical assistance and leadership in key areas.
- Relationships: Works very closely with the two other team members, as well as foreign and local volunteers, teachers in the schools and other community representatives.
- Take lead in the organization of the activities in the New Horizon’s centre
- Arranges the agenda, takes the minutes and chairs the weekly team meeting.
- Prepare the bi annual and annual narrative reports for the board.
- Monitors all aspects of the program with suitable data collections and evaluation activities.
- Ensure that the work of the New Horizon’s team covers all aspects of the program effectively.
- Develops and maintain good relationship with local partners and stakeholders.
- Maintains good communication with their Directors of CSDS and FMSI regarding developments and issues in the implementation of the program
- Provides translation and interpretation at the meetings as needed.
- Is responsible for the development and maintenance of both electronic and paper publications and promotional material
- Assists the team in identifying program areas needing to be addressed and developing policy and procedures relating to this.
- To coordinator the work done in the school support aspect of the program.
- Provides guidance and support when needed so that school classes are smoothly implemented.
- Work with the foreign volunteer coordinator in providing effective and timely supervision of the work of New Horizons and the schools.
- Liaise with the local schools and their staff to ensure the smooth functioning of the work of foreign volunteers assistants
- To coordinate the activities of the Student Assistance program
- Ensures that the procedures for accepting referrals, assessing and decision making of successful applications are maintained and effective.
- Is involved in the assessment visits to the homes of applicants.
- Liaises with the various referring persons in the each of the areas where the program provides assistance.
- To coordinate the activities of the Vocational training program
- Ensures that the proecdures relating to the vocational training program are followed and effective
- Arranges assessment meetings for applicants
- Arranges support meetings and information sharing for those in the progam
- Liaises with REACH regarding the referral, acceptance and support of the the young people accessing the program
- Provides assistance to those seeking of job opportunities for the youth .
- Supports the monitoring and evaluation of the vocational learners.
- To recruit and liaise with all local volunteers
- Encourages suitable volunteers willing to assist in various aspects of the program, by providing information and support
- Arranges suitable rosters, timetables and supervision for those involved.
- To assist in the operation of the Community Classes at the Centre
- Drafts regulations for students, library users, and computer room users.
- Ensures that the library and computer room operate effectively with suitable rosters and supervision
- Assists in the purchase and aquistion of materials for the library and other centre resources.
- University’s degree, preferably in foreign languages;
- Knowledge about education and project management;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint…
- Work experience with NGOs/INGOs is preferred but not mandatory.
CSDS offers a competitive salary and benefits.
The work base will be in Quoc Oai town (about 20km from Hanoi).
Please send detailed curriculum vitae with letter of application in English to email@example.com by 10 October 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.