As we promised, now we continue to introduce some more opportunities for youth leaders and activists. Where do you want to go? Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand? Check this out!
1. Youth volunteer program Vietnam – Canada 2014.
(For Vietnamese only).
- Location: Vietnam and Canada
- Duration: 4 months (15/8/2014 – 15/12/2014)
- Participants: 20 Vietnamese volunteers
- Cost: Cost of round-trip international air tickets, accommodation, meals, transportation during the program
- Deadline: 5:00 PM, 14/7/2014
Centre for Development of International Youth Cooperation – International Department Central Youth Union of Ho Chi Minh Communist Organization in collaboration with Canada World Youth organizations open Youth volunteer program Vietnam – Canada 2014.
The program will take place during 04 consecutive months in Vietnam (from 15/08 to 10/15/2014) and in Canada (from 15/10 to 12/15/2014), the program will be the participation of 20 youth Canadian volunteers and 20 youth Vietnamese volunteers.
2. DREaM UGM 2014 - International Student Summer Program.
- Location: Jogjakarta, Indonesia
- Duration: 9/8/2014 – 23/8/2014
- Participants: International Students
- Cost: $300 – $800 for international students
- Deadline: 1/7/2014
DREaM is a 15 days International Students Summer program dedicated for undergraduate students all over the world that is being held annually. It offers a combination of academics, social, cultural, and tourism activities. Through DREaM 2014, participants will be involved in a series of lecturing, action-plan workshop, internship, community service, and social activities program. This year, DREaM 2014 will be held from the 9th to 23rd of August 2014 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
3. ASEAN Future Leaders Summit 2014
- Location: Malaysia
- Duration: 8 – 17th August, 2014 (9 Days)
- Participants: International Students (age between 20 – 35 years old)
- Cost: ASEAN Students ($100); Non – ASEAN Students ($150)
- Deadline: 30/6/2014
Universiti Sains Malaysia, in collaboration with AKEPT (Ministry of Higher Education- Leadership Malaysia), Prince of Songkla University (Thailand) and Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia, proudly is organizing 2nd ASEAN Future leaders Summit (AFLES 2014). 2nd ASEAN Future Leaders Summit (AFLES) 2014 is a 9-day long student leadership transformation program from 8-17 August 2014 to be held in USM, USIM & PSU.
4. Markho 2014 – Wilderness based Youth Leadership Conference.
- Location: Mukshpuri Peak, Nathiagali
- Duration: 8 – 9/2014
- Participants: 77 youths, 17 – 25 years old.
- Cost: to be confirmed
- Deadline: 1/8/2014
Markhor being the national animal of Pakistan is a symbol of pride and nobility. It is found in the high rise and rugged mountains of northern Pakistan. Markhor is an agile and nimble creature that can climb and jump over rocky terrain with ease. It struggles to survive in extreme weather conditions by migrating between peaks and valleys during summer and winter transitions. We believe, Pakistani Youth are like Markhor. They thrive in challenges, live on the edge and love adversity.
5. SEAMEO Youth Leadership Forum
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Duration: 1 – 4/10/2014
- Participants: Two (2) participants from each SEAMEO-member country (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam), 18 – 24 yearas old.
- Cost: partly funded
- Deadline: 8/8/2014
The “1st SEAMEO Youth Leadership Form” aims at providing a regional platform for youth representatives from SEAMEO-member countries to build their leadership skills and strengthen their capacity to contribute to the ASEAN community now and in the future.
The forum will adopt participatory methods to raise awareness, stimulate creativity, innovation, and engagement of the participants. Activities shall include lectures, workshops, group discussions, and site visits. The lecturers and speakers shall provide informed perspectives on leadership and critical issues in the ASEAN. It will also solicit the youth’s viewpoints on leadership, professionalism, and sustainable development through their interaction with the speakers and with each other.