NGO TRAINEESHIP Recruitment – Communication Trainee Development
With the aim of connecting NGOs with talented young people, Centre for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is calling for 20 motivated and dynamic applicants to participate in the “NGO Traineeship Program – Communication Trainee Development”. The participants will be provided with intensive training, a traineeship placement, and on-going support from CSDS . Each participant will gain direct experience in community services and development work and the program will be the first step to embarking on a career in an NGO. This is a key part of the Youth Drivers for Change project, which is being implemented by the Centre for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) with funding provided by Irish Aid. The project aims to build the capacity of young people so that they can lead voluntary and community based organizations and take social action. In this way, these young people will contribute positively to the on-going development of Vietnam.
There have already been two successful programs and organizations such as LIN,SRD, MSD, ACDC, CDL etc, are partners with the program. CSDS is now recruiting participants for the third program “Communication Trainee Development”. This program aims to equip vibrant youth with the desire and skills to develop their career as Communication professionals in NGO. Participant will learn and work in NGO environment as an Communication trainee from 3 – 6 months.
This is an opportunity for young people to explore and develop their future career in the NGO sector as well as contribute to community development.
1. Program content:
+ Training: 21 November– 11 December 2016:
- Develop basic knowledge and skills in Communication and organization branding.
- Learn about the NGO Sector, understanding Community and Sustainable Development.
- Enhance presentation, teamwork and management skills and gain experience in project development and administration.
- Study visit and field trip to local projects and NGOs.
- Sharing session with experts on developing practical working skills.
+ Traineeship Placement: January 2017, 3 – 6 months
- Traineeship Placements (3-6 months) in NGOs that suit the trainees’ desires and capacity
- Trainees gain direct experience in community services and development work, as the first step to embarking on a career within this field.
- Trainees have on-going support by CSDS which will include facilitating fortnightly meetings to discuss challenges/ difficulties which may arise during the working period, and arranging additional training (eg. English language, interpersonal communication & conflict resolution skills).
- NGOs have suitable and quality trainees that can support in operations, and potential staff source.
- Training in SOCI Hub – CSDS, No.16A, Van Minh Alley, Lane 169 Doan Ke Thien Street, Cau Giay, Hanoi
- Study visit in NGOs
3. Fee: All training costs of the program will be covered by the organizers.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to training venue and accommodation during the training period.
- Participants shall pay a deposit of 1.000.000 VND which will be returned after finishing the program.
4. Who can join?
The program is designed for 20 young people who are:
- Would like to develop communication skills in an NGO
- Preferably have work experience in managing communication activities
- Are 20- 27 years old (senior, recent graduate from a university/college…)
- Have a desire to work for an NGO, especially in the field of communications
- Are open-minded, creative and active
- Preferably have volunteering experience
- Are committed to attending all trainings and participating fully in the traineeship placement in an NGO.
- Have a proficient level of verbal and written English
We encourage participants with diverse background, from different regions, ethnics as well as disadvantaged groups such as: LGBTQ, ethinic minority, people with disabilities…
- To register, please fill in the form at link: bit.ly/ngotrainee2016
- Deadline: 23:59 pm on November 12th, 2016
- The interview round will take place from November 16th – November 17th, 2016
(Skype interview is accepted for participants from outside of Hanoi)
- Result will be announced by November 18th, 2016
Mr. Tuan Anh, Program Coordinator, Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 04 626 010 94 (9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday) www.csds.vn | www.facebook.com/ngotraineeship
The Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese non-profit organization legally registered in 2009. CSDS is addressing development issues in Vietnam with particular focuses on climate change for environment protection, women empowerment through sustainable livelihood support, child support through social inclusion, youth development through trainees exchange, non-formal education and youth social initiatives support. For more information, please visit: www.csds.vn
Irish Aid is Ireland’s official aid program, working on behalf of Irish people to address poverty and hunger in some of the world’s poorest countries. Irish Aid engages in and supports development projects and provides humanitarian assistance with a particular focus on reducing poverty and hunger in sub-Saharan Africa. For more information, please visit: www.irishaid.ie