Are you a final year student or fresh graduate?
Are you passionate about working and developing your career in community development?
Do you wish to have the opportunity of a traineeship to gain direct experience within NGOs?
With the aim of connecting NGOs with hardworking and enthusiastic students and recent graduates, the Centre for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is calling for 20 young and dynamic applicants to participate in the “NGO Traineeship Program 2016”.
The participants will be provided with intensive training, traineeship placement and on-going support by CSDS to gain direct experience in community services and development work, as the first step to embarking on a career within this field.
This is an activity under the Youth Drivers for Change project, which is being implemented by CSDS with funding provided by Irish Aid. The project aims to build the capacity of young people and voluntary, youth-led, community-based organizations to generate social action that will contribute positively to the on-going development of Vietnam.
NGO Traineeship 2015 has successfully supported 13 young graduates to work with 12 local NGOs from across Hanoi, Vietnam. The trainees worked with CSDS, Sustainable Rural Development, Cisdonia, GTV, MC, CSIP, ACDC, Viet Health, MSD, Kenan Institute Asia and CT.
Sustainable development expert from Australia
NGO TRAINEESHIP PROGRAM 2015 – certificate ceremony
A. Program Content:
1. Training: 6 – 27 July 2016: Knowledge and skills to work in NGO, including
- Exploring NGO Sector, understanding Community and Sustainable Development
- Enhancing skills of presentation, communications, administration, teamwork, project development and management…
- Study visit and field trip to local projects and NGOs.
- Sharing session with experts on developing practical working skills.
2. Traineeship Placement & Coaching
Traineeship Placements (3-6 months) in NGOs that suit the trainees’ desires and capacity
- Trainees gain direct experience in community services and development work, as the first step to embarking on a career within this field.
- Trainees have on-going support by CSDS which will include facilitating fortnightly meetings to discuss challenges/ difficulties which may arise during the working period, and arranging additional training (eg. English language, interpersonal communication & conflict resolution skills)
- NGOs have suitable and quality trainees that can support in operations, and potential staff source.
- Training in SOCI Hub – CSDS, No.16A, Van Minh Alley, Lane 169 Doan Ke Thien Street, Cau Giay, Hanoi; field trip and study visits in NGOs and local projects.
- Traineeship in NGOs in Hanoi
Include use of the training venue, facilitators, materials, lunch, teabreak; an allowance of 1.000.000 VND/month during the traineeship will be covered by the organizers. Participants shall pay a deposit of 1.000.000 VND which will be returned after completing the program.
The program is designed for 20 young people who:
- Are 20-24 years old (senior, fresh graduate in university/college…)
- Have a desire to work for NGOs, especially in communication
- Are open-minded, creative and active
- Preferably have experience of volunteering activities
- Are committed to fully attending training and the traineeship placement with NGOs.
- Have a proficient level of verbal and written English
- Having a communication, marketing, public relations major (or similar) will be an advantage
- Fill in the application form by 23h59 pm on 25 June 2016 here: bit.ly/ngotrainee2016
- Essay application round: 28 – 30 June 2016
- Interview: 2 – 3 July 2016
- Result announcement: by 4 July 2015
- Contact: Mr.Tuan Anh, Program Coordinator, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: 01674.676.674
The Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese non-profit organization legally registered in 2009. CSDS is addressing development issues in Vietnam with particular focuses on climate change for environment protection, women empowerment through sustainable livelihood support, child support through social inclusion, youth development through trainees exchange, non-formal education and youth social initiatives support. For more information, please visit: www.csds.vn
Irish Aid is Ireland’s official aid programme, working on behalf of Irish people to address poverty and hunger in some of the world’s poorest countries. Irish Aid engages in and supports development projects and provides humanitarian assistance with a particular focus on reducing poverty and hunger in sub-Saharan Africa. For more information, please visit: www.irishaid.ie