CSDS has been welcoming international volunteers to work in disable children centers or orphanages in Hanoi. Through their work the volunteers wish to bring positive changes and to support to disadvantaged people. Also, the centers hope that the volunteers can make up for the lack of human resources, time and money that they are encountering in daily life. Due to the language barrier and limited communication between the volunteers and the staff, the changes and effects have yet up to our expectations.
In order to improve this situation, CSDS recruits a core-group of 5 local supporters to come twice a week to different centers with the international volunteers, from June to August (3 months). Their task is to give the opportunity to both teachers and volunteers to exchange about their work, to clarify some potential misunderstandings and to improve their cooperation.
- Accompany international volunteers to their work placements twice a week.
- Act as an interpreter for the teachers/caregivers and the volunteers when needed.
- Pick up the volunteers at the airport when needed to support CSDS staff.
Bus tickets expenditures covered by CSDS.
Attend CSDS trainings when relevant.
Receive free English class with international volunteers.
- Fluent spoken and written English,
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Being available at least 2 half-days per week (during week-days) from June to July (3 months).
To apply, please send a motivation letter (in English) to Ms. Julie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: MONDAY, MAY 26, 2014.
Thank you very much for your interest!